The World Laureates Association Prize (the "WLA Prize" ) is an international science prize managed by The WLA Development Foundation (referred to as "we"). We provide prize nomination, selection and other services for nominators and nominees (collectively referred to as "you"). By submitting the nomination package, you voluntarily provide your personal information to us and confirm that your personal information will be used for the purpose of the Laureates' Selection, and that you agree to the following rules regarding the personal information policies.
1. Personal Information We Process
In order to successfully nominate for the WLA Prize, you need to fill in the Nomination Form and provide us with your personal information, including but not limited to your name, gender, date of birth, nationality, passport number, position, affiliation, phone number, email, mailing address, education, research and work experience.
2. How We Use Your Personal Information
In general, we use the information to understand who you are, provide you with various services that pursue our mission and the activities that we engage in.
Specifically, we may use your information to:
▪ Communicate with you regarding our programs and activities and respond to your queries;
▪ Inform you of the necessary information, notification, invitation regarding our programs and activities;
▪ Process and review nominations and essays;
▪ Administer the Prize;
▪ Conduct research and generate statistics;
▪ Undertake any other activities subject to your consent.
If we use your personal information beyond the scope directly or reasonably related to that claimed at the time of collection, we will inform you and obtain your express consent before using your personal information.
3. How We Store and Share Your Personal Information
During the nomination, selection and announcement process of the Prize, we only collect the information that is necessary for a lawful purpose. When using and circulating your personal information for the purpose of nomination, selection, and announcement, the Prize Secretariat and Prize Committees will strictly comply with the regulations concerning data privacy and protection.
In accordance with relevant laws, regulations and national standards, we may share and transfer your personal information subject to your consent under the following circumstances:
▪ When your personal information is directly related to national security and national defense security;
▪ When your personal information is directly related to public safety, public health, and major public interests;
▪ When your personal information is directly related to criminal investigation, prosecution, trial and enforcement of judgments, and etc.;
▪ When it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual but for the interests of the life and property of the personal information subject or other individuals;
▪ When personal information subjects disclose personal information to the public on their own;▪ When the personal information is collected from legally publicly disclosed information, such as legal news reports, government information disclosure and other channels.
4. The Security of Your Personal Information
We take appropriate security measures for your information to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure. In the event of a security incident such as a personal data breach, we will initiate an emergency plan to prevent the magnification of the security incident, and will notify you via push notifications, announcements, etc.
5. Data Retention
In general, we will only retain your personal information for the shortest time necessary to achieve the purpose of the Laureates' Selection, with the following exceptions:
▪ To comply with applicable laws and regulations;
▪ To comply with court judgments, rulings or other legal procedures;
▪ To comply with the law enforcement of government departments.
6. Your Rights
Mailing Address: Building 8, No. 57 Nanchang Road, Shanghai, China
Adhering to the principle of fairness and impartiality, we hope to establish a long-term and stable cooperative relationship with you in terms of mutual trust and benefit. Your privacy matters to us and the following are our commitments:
▪ We respect your privacy;
▪ We will ensure your privacy at work;
▪ We will never sell your personal data;
▪ We are committed to protecting your personal data.